The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 31st, 2024, 3:14pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Low-voltage biasing network (Read 2027 times)
rfmagic
Community Member

Low-voltage biasing network
Nov 24th, 2010, 7:23am

Hi all,

I am designing an opamp in a low supply voltage process (vdd=1V). in order to get a feeling of the circuit I have designed a simple diff-pair with a tail current source. the main problem I am facing now is acheiving a good mirror to the current source as the Vds of the mirroring device and the current source are different and limmited due to the low headroom of the diff-pair. can anyone suggest a biasing network for low voltage current mirrors? of recommend a book discussing this topic?

Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
panditabupesh
Community Member

Toronto
Re: Low-voltage biasing network
Reply #1 - Nov 24th, 2010, 1:50pm

You could use   stacked transistors like the traditional low voltage bias circuit. Connect the gate of top transistor to your expected input common mode voltage.  The top transistor has size relation with diff transistors and the bottom one with  the tail of diff pair.

Bupesh

View Profile   IP Logged
rfmagic
Community Member

Re: Low-voltage biasing network
Reply #2 - Nov 28th, 2010, 12:00am

Thanks,

IN fact my haedroom is so limited that I have tried to use stacked configuration but it is marginal across PVT. I finaly go a solution that might work in all conditions - - but im am still working on it.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.