The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 1:16pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RF layout: WPE effects (Read 2064 times)
Ruritania

Canada
RF layout: WPE effects
Dec 28th, 2010, 12:43pm

Hi,

In order to reduce the WPE effects, it is generally advised to increase the distance from the transistors to the well edges. I'm wondering whether the substrate contacts also deteriorate the effects? e.g., for NMOS transistors, the substrate contacts have to be P+ implant - while forming the NMOS S/D, there should be photoresist to stop N+ implanting at the substrate contacts region (P+), thus introducing WPE effects  with the same way as the N-well?

Thanks for attention!
Ruri Huh

View Profile   IP Logged
Berti
Community Fellow

Re: RF layout: WPE effects
Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2011, 6:35am

Hi Ruri,

I am not the expert for this kind of question ...

... but since the penetration depth of the high dose implant process for wells is much deeper compared to the medium dose implant process for the diffusions and contact regions, I think that proximity effects of substrate contacts are much less severe than WPEs.

For more details on sub-65nm CMOS, I recommend the book series from Wong: "Nano-CMOS circuit and physical design" etc.

Cheers

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.