The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 2:31am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
how to load assert statements from ADE (Read 2164 times)
cristiano.azzolini

germany
how to load assert statements from ADE
Jan 05th, 2011, 9:21am

Hi all,
I find the Assert statements for Spectre language very useful for many run-time verification on the devices.
The only problem is that... how can I automatically add all my statement in the sim netlist generated by ADE ?

I tried to create a separate file and include that from the Model window but the assertions should be inserted in the netlist footer, not on top.

Any idea is appreciated!
Thanks,
Cristiano

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: how to load assert statements from ADE
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2011, 1:18pm

Hi Christiano,

Why do the assert statements need to be included at the bottom? There should be no problem with including them at the top - spectre shouldn't care. So doing it via the model libraries form should be fine. Many customers have them as part of their model definitions, so I see no reason why this shouldn't work.

There's also the Device Check UI, but to be honest that's more for design-specific assertions (and actually I find it easier to write the spectre syntax than use the form for things like this).

Best Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
cristiano.azzolini

germany
Re: how to load assert statements from ADE
Reply #2 - Jan 6th, 2011, 11:34pm

Hi Andrew,
you are right, adding the assert file as a model is ok but I forgot to use a .scs extension in the filename so that I received some errors due to sintax misinterpretation.

Now it works correctly.
Thanks,
     Cristiano

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.