The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 6th, 2024, 7:04pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Viewing pnoise analysis sphi_ssb result from spectreRF (Read 2430 times)
neoflash
Community Fellow

Mixed-Signal
Designer

Viewing pnoise analysis sphi_ssb result from spectreRF
Jan 27th, 2011, 9:49pm

Hi,

Usually, people will use wavescan or awd to view the pnoise result from spectreRF simulator.

My situation is a bit special. My design will be from other schematic capture tool and use command line to run spectreRF since there is limited access to cadence.

How can I let spectreRF to generate output sphi_ssb waveform in .ac0 format, which can be easily viewed by other tools such as sandwork?

Thanks,
Neo

View Profile   IP Logged
neoflash
Community Fellow

Mixed-Signal
Designer

Re: Viewing pnoise analysis sphi_ssb result from spectreRF
Reply #1 - Jan 27th, 2011, 9:51pm

I also noticed that in the default output directory there is a file named pnoise.pnoise, which contains output signal. This output signal is onoise instead of phase noise.

Not sure where or how we can get the ssb phase noise.

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Viewing pnoise analysis sphi_ssb result from spectreRF
Reply #2 - Jan 30th, 2011, 1:27pm

I don't think you can get spectre to output the RF simulation results in "ac0" (presumably that's HSPICE POST format?).

The simulator does not directly output phase noise. It outputs the total output noise, and then the "phase noise" that is available on the pnoise form is computed by taking the total output noise and dividing it by the magnitude of the signal at the carrier harmonic of interest (from the pss results), thus giving you the output noise in dBc. If using the other forms of pnoise (e.g. modulated, or jitter), the computations are similar. The benefit of the ADE direct plot form (or even the calculator)  is that they do this for you.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.