The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 9:22am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
annotating the DC operating point of subcircuits (Read 2089 times)
Peter Kurahashi

annotating the DC operating point of subcircuits
Feb 10th, 2011, 4:12pm

Hello,

I am running Virtuoso version 6.  I have a cell with multiple MOSFETs and I would like to annotate the operating point information of one of the MOSFETs on the cell symbol.  

I understand somewhat how CDF and Interpreted Labels are used when annotating the MOSFETs themselves.  What I don't know is how to access their information from different levels of hierarchy.    

As an example: I say I have a cell called TOP_CELL.  In this cell there is an array of MOSFETs called M0<1:5>.  I would like to annotate at the TOP_CELL symbol, vdsat of M0<1>.  

Thanks!
Peter

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: annotating the DC operating point of subcircuits
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2011, 2:57pm

Hi Peter,

Currently you have to use the opParamExprList property in the simInfo for the simulator you want, to map the lower level data to the higher level. I suggest you search for opParamExprList in cdnshelp to find out how to do it.

Hopefully we'll be doing something to avoid the need to modify the CDF to do this, but for now, this is really the only way.

Best Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.