The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 11:21am
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
on chip LC filter (Read 11100 times)
rfidea

Europe
Re: on chip LC filter
Reply #15 - Feb 20th, 2011, 12:35am

Hi, you can do this dimensioning in the free version, FilterFree, of NuHertz software. You do not need to use the trial version of the purchase version.

http://www.nuhertz.com/register/reg_free.html

I agree with rficdude, it can be hard to get a good filter with a low-Q integrated inductor. Usually the knee at the filter edge will not be as sharp as the ideal filter response, but you maybe can survive anyway.

View Profile   IP Logged
kelly
Community Member

Reply #16 - Feb 20th, 2011, 3:01pm

Hi RFidea,

This where I went, it asks you to fill out information in order to send you password and license key.  Now they say they are evaluating my request.  Did I do something wrong?

Thanks.

View Profile   IP Logged
rfidea

Europe
Reply #17 - Feb 20th, 2011, 11:31pm

I just pressed the link above and downloaded the new version 13.1.0 of FilterFree without any waiting for keys and passwords. You are probably on the wrong webpage trying to download the trial version of the purchase version of the software

View Profile   IP Logged
kelly
Community Member

Reply #18 - Feb 21st, 2011, 12:32am

got it, thanks!  I was at the filter solution instead of filter free Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
rfcooltools.com

Reply #19 - Feb 25th, 2011, 5:57pm

Hi Kelly,

Is it possible that at 500MHz you may be better off with a RC filter or to figure out a way to use the VGA as part of the feedback loop for an active RC filter.  The reason I ask is that as stated by RFICDUDE the inductor will not be economical and you may want to look for alternatives.  I am not sure what your area or current budget is or even the process you are using, but if you are using an expensive less than 90nM process then do something else because the inductor will be expensive.  Also I f you want a free program to play around or even simulate a filter go to my site at http://rfcooltools.com and select the filter design button or you could try a free product AADE filter design, or another free product Elsie which can generate a prototype that you desire.  but remember the Q will be small around 2 to 4 at 500MHz and this will be your biggest issue in implementation.

http://rfcooltools.com

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.