The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 28th, 2024, 3:14am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Input referred offset of dynamic latch (Read 35486 times)
Nandish Mehta

Input referred offset of dynamic latch
Feb 22nd, 2011, 9:29pm

Hello friends,

The latch that I have designed was proposed by Min et al in JSSC Dec 2003 for my application and is shown in the attached figure.

I am interested in simulating its worst case input referred offset under process variation, design corner and under 3-sigma mis-match.

Can any one please suggest me some method to estimate offset under above mentioned condition?

I will be very grateful to you for your inputs. I am very new to latch design and i am designing my first full chip.  

Please kindly help.

Regards
Nandish
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2011, 11:39pm by Nandish Mehta »  

min_001.jpg
View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Re: Input referred offset of dynamic latch
Reply #1 - Feb 23rd, 2011, 11:25pm

Hello,

Please have a look at http://www.designers-guide.org/Analysis/comparator.pdf.

A more simple way is explained below. This is proven to be effective if you have Cadence virtuoso, spectre simulator, and wavescan/VIVA.
  • make a slow ramp input for the comparator,
  • Run monte carlo simulation with mismatch only or process+mismatch.
  • then find the time when the comparator output toggles from 0 to 1, or 1 to 0, depending on the input signal increases or decreases.
  • Measure the input signal at that time.
  • At last the post-processing tool, like Wave Scan or Viva, will plot the histogram of the threshold voltage, with one sigma number. You can made a quick estimation of the max offset voltage with 6 sigma.

Best Regards,
Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
Nandish Mehta

Re: Input referred offset of dynamic latch
Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2011, 11:48pm

Hi Yawei,

Thank you so much !!! This is exactly what i was looking for. I read through the document you have posted. It is really awesome.

But I find your method more easier as I know how to do it.

Thanks a lot once again !!!

You really save lot of my design time....

Regards
Nandish

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.