The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 26th, 2024, 12:24pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Charge injection in NMOS switch (Read 3629 times)
Nandish Mehta

Charge injection in NMOS switch
Feb 28th, 2011, 2:20am

Hi Friends,

As shown in the figure, the switches S1 & S2 are boot strapped. I have verified by simulations that across Vin from 0V to VDD, the VGS of S1 & S2 stays constant.

With VGS being constant, the charge injection on Cs is also finite and constant.

Now my question is, if I a constant charge is getting injected, how can I remove it?

Please suggest me some alternates

qi.jpg
View Profile   IP Logged
naderi

Canada
Re: Charge injection in NMOS switch
Reply #1 - Mar 12th, 2011, 7:33am

if the injected charge is constant, that introduces an offset to the integrator. There a few methods for offset cancellation at the input or output of the integrator. One could think of multi-phase operation, in which the offset is stored in one phase, and subtracted and canceled in another phase.
Fully differential integrator can also cancel out most of the injected charges as the charges are appearing at both inputs of the amplifier.

Ali

View Profile   IP Logged
loose-electron
Senior Fellow

Best Design Tool =
Capable Designers

San Diego California
Re: Charge injection in NMOS switch
Reply #2 - Mar 14th, 2011, 2:01pm

Switched capacitor circuits have used charge injection cancellation techniques for many years.

Time to open a book or do some research, there's plenty of prior art out there on this topic.

Jerry Twomey
www.effectiveelectrons.com
Read My Electronic Design Column Here
Contract IC-PCB-System Design - Analog, Mixed Signal, RF & Medical
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.