The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 24th, 2024, 11:13am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Reference buffer for ADCs (Read 3124 times)
tron_123

Reference buffer for ADCs
Apr 06th, 2011, 7:18am

Dear Friends,

I am designing a differential reference buffer for high speed SAR ADC (25Msps, 8 bit). Depending on the settling requirement, I can derive the specs such as UGB and Bandwidth. But it turns out that depending on the buffer architecture for example miller compensated or load compensated, I can trade-off area with power for the same settling. I only know these two architectures but I am sure that there could be others out there.

I would like to know as how to decide on the reference buffer architecture based on the frequency of operation, resolution and the type of ADC. It would be great if anyone of you can also point me to the paper or book where this thing is discussed.

Thanks
-Tron

View Profile   IP Logged
tron_123

Re: Reference buffer for ADCs
Reply #1 - Apr 9th, 2011, 10:47pm

Bounce!

I apologize for asking a very trivial question here, but I am a beginner in analog design and any insight into the reference buffer facts will be very helpful.

-Tron

View Profile   IP Logged
loose-electron
Senior Fellow

Best Design Tool =
Capable Designers

San Diego California
Re: Reference buffer for ADCs
Reply #2 - Apr 10th, 2011, 8:40pm

I think the reason you are not getting a lot of answers here is because the question is too general.

Suggest that you start reading papers and textbooks on the subject. Depending on where you are, there are classes at Universities on the subject as well.

Jerry Twomey
www.effectiveelectrons.com
Read My Electronic Design Column Here
Contract IC-PCB-System Design - Analog, Mixed Signal, RF & Medical
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.