The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 28th, 2024, 9:16am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Jitter analysis settings - Urgent (Read 1127 times)
pcardoso73

Portugal
Jitter analysis settings - Urgent
May 12th, 2011, 12:50am

HI,

I am about to finish my 80 MHz Quartz Crystal VCO, but I am not confident on Jitter's results. Please try to answer these questions, as fast as you can, as I have the tape-out in August of the full PLL:

1 - For the VCO circuits (autonomous circuits), which jitter measurement type should I use: FM or PM (I am using FM)? I think we should use FM for the autonomous circuits and PM for the driven ones. Is this correct ?

2 - Sweep range: should I configure it till fo, fo/2, 2fo. I have no idea on this.

3 - Integration limits: I am using 1Hz to fo/2 (40 MHz). Is this correct ? How this relates with the sweep range ?

4 - How should I plot phase noise ? Under pnoise jitter or pnoise? The results are quite different.

5 - Which is the most suitable jitter for VCO's Jc or Jcc ?

6 - I have read the Ken's papers but, if I am not mistaken, he says that the great majority of the phase noise should be close to the carrier. However, integrating from the carrier till the corner frequency, I get a lower contribution than for big offsets. Can you please comment on this ?

Thanks very much to all.

Best regards,
Pedro

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.