The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 17th, 2024, 6:33am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cannot get Spectre license using Cadence AMS (Read 1283 times)
Rommel

Cannot get Spectre license using Cadence AMS
May 23rd, 2011, 12:53am

Hi friends,

I tried to run AMS designer tutorial but I have trouble. In the log file we see:

Fatal error found by spectre.
You do not have permission to run Virtuoso(R) Spectre.

However, my license is OK. I can run spectre alone. In cadence website, people say:

Problem

You have plenty of MMSIM tokens and are running a mixed signal design simulation via AMS-Designer. You run the simulation with Spectre as the analog solver and in doing so you see the above error message.

How can this be? There are plenty of MMSIM tokens but none seem to be getting used?
Solution

CCR 591581 has been filed for this issue.  This issue is caused by having the -profThread option in ncsim.  This option gets added to ncsim when you select "Allow profiling of threaded processes" in ADE.

Until the CCR is fixed, you need to turn off/remove this option in order for ncsim to run.  This CCR is currently planned to be fixed in the IUS 9.2 s16 release.

I have followed but it doesn't help.

Highly appreciate your help.

Rommel.

View Profile   IP Logged
boe
Community Fellow

Re: Cannot get Spectre license using Cadence AMS
Reply #1 - May 23rd, 2011, 6:39am

Rommel,

You may need to use the -uselicense option of ncsim. Using this option you can influence which licenses are tried first.

B O E

View Profile   IP Logged
Rommel

Reply #2 - May 23rd, 2011, 4:10pm

Hi BOE,

Thank you for your reply. We have only one license server for cadence, so I do not think we need to choose the license. Do you have any other suggestions.

Rommel

View Profile   IP Logged
boe
Community Fellow

Reply #3 - May 24th, 2011, 1:23am

Hi Rommel,

The option -uselicense does not select a license server, but affects the set of licenses used for the AMS simulation (an AMS simulation requires several licenses, but there are different combinations possible): " -USELICENSE <arg> -- Specify list of colon delimited mnemonics to select the license for simulation".

I suggest you try -uselicense MMSIM:DEFAULT.

B O E

View Profile   IP Logged
Rommel

Reply #4 - May 25th, 2011, 12:42am

Hi BOE, and friends,

Actually it is the bug of IUS. I have just updated IUS from 8.2 to 9.2 and now the AMS is OK. I highly appreciate your help BOE.

Anyway, I want to export one design macro from Cadence Virtuoso to Synopsys IC compiler. For physical part, I can export to a gds file, and import it from ICC. For logic part, I still do not know how to do. There is a program Liberty but it is for standard cell. My macro is large (more than a DAC). I only need a dummy db file for logic part. Could you tell me how I can do.

Thank you so much.

Rommel

View Profile   IP Logged
boe
Community Fellow

Reply #5 - May 25th, 2011, 2:30am

Rommel,
Quote:
Anyway, I want to export one design macro from Cadence Virtuoso to Synopsys IC compiler. ... I only need a dummy db file for logic part.
You can write a dummy .lib file and compile that to a .db.

B O E

PS. You should start a new thread for each new topic.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.