The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 2nd, 2024, 5:18am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Analog Design Calculators and Tutorials (Read 3439 times)
s_edwards

New Analog Design Calculators and Tutorials
Sep 17th, 2011, 9:32am

I am a mixed signal design engineer developing precision data convertor and voltage reference integrated circuits. Over the years, I have written a number of simple design tools to aid in circuit definition and design. I have made them available free to anyone who is interested in using them.  They are written for the HP50g graphing calculator but can also be run on a PC with a free emulator.

They may be downloaded at,
http://www.maxim-ic.com/tools/calculators/hp50g/

I have attempted to provide thorough documentation of each program’s operation, including practical examples and a brief tutorial of the application being addressed.  I hope you find them useful. I frequently update these programs, so any constructive feedback is welcome.

Best Regards,

Steve

View Profile   IP Logged
AnalogDE

Re: New Analog Design Calculators and Tutorials
Reply #1 - Sep 18th, 2011, 7:21pm

Long time user of an HP48GX here.  Is the 50g worth getting?

Also, have you thought about porting those programs to PC based math software?  I like to use MathCAD 14 myself.

View Profile   IP Logged
s_edwards

Reply #2 - Sep 18th, 2011, 8:26pm

I think the HP50g is worth getting if you are willing to write your own programs. In my experience, the HP50g is really a handheld computer, and so is most useful if running programs that take advantage of its increased power, memory and screen size.    As you may be aware http://www.hpcalc.org/ is a good source of programs contributed by HP user’s.  You will find a number of free electrical engineering programs there as well.

I also like MathCad 14.  Actually, I first model my programs in MathCad for verification and debug purposes.  However, I write for the HP50g because it is free (when running the emulator) and quick and portable (when running on the physical calculator).  It’s also a lot cheaper than the cost of a MathCad license for most users.

View Profile   IP Logged
RobG
Community Fellow

Bozeman, MT
Reply #3 - Oct 2nd, 2011, 7:11pm

Thanks for making those programs public!

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.