The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 4th, 2024, 3:15pm
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Question on FB (Read 15433 times)
buddypoor
Community Fellow

Bremen, Germany
Re: Question on FB
Reply #30 - Nov 08th, 2011, 12:50am

Hello loose-electron,

from the practical point of view (that means: application oriented) I agree with you. However, there are some other aspects.
For example: Understanding the principles connected with terms like "Bode-Diagram, Stability, influence of poles and zeros,...".
And, according to my understanding, this was the reason behind the original question. And in this context, I think it is interesting to investigate the pros and cons of the presented two-opamp configuration. I Like to remind you that a lot of papers were published in the past dealing with exactly this (and some similar) configuration(s).

Beside these arguments, I doubt if you really can find the best combinationof  all relevant parameters within one single chip: high gain, low offset, low noise, high slew rate, high output current capability, high input and low output resistance, ....
Regards    

LvW (buddypoor: In memory of the great late Buddy Rich)
View Profile   IP Logged
loose-electron
Senior Fellow

Best Design Tool =
Capable Designers

San Diego California
Re: Question on FB
Reply #31 - Nov 8th, 2011, 4:11am

BuddyP -

Not a problem, we get many questions here that can be answered easily opening a book on the basics, or similar.

In this particular question it was pretty globabal in nature, and the structure did not make a lot of sense unless there was a special need in the application.

Jerry Twomey
www.effectiveelectrons.com
Read My Electronic Design Column Here
Contract IC-PCB-System Design - Analog, Mixed Signal, RF & Medical
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.