The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 3:14pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
exponential delay on/off transition? (Read 2742 times)
niikos

exponential delay on/off transition?
Nov 08th, 2011, 7:34am

Hi everyone,
I would like to apply an exponential time delay to an current source that i model using verilog-a using Cadence.
I would like something like the transition operator but with emponential delay not a linear.
One more thing is that I want the on time delay to be different than the off time delay.

I have tried to implement this using RC network, but the network messes up the function of the circuit in time slots it supposed not to.

Any other idea?

View Profile   IP Logged
boe
Community Fellow

Re: exponential delay on/off transition?
Reply #1 - Nov 11th, 2011, 8:25am

Niikos,
Try decoupling from the load.
If you need more help, I suggest you post your code.
- B O E

View Profile   IP Logged
niikos

Reply #2 - Nov 12th, 2011, 4:15am

this is what i did. thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Marq Kole

Hmmm. That's
weird...

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reply #3 - Nov 13th, 2011, 1:03pm

To get a proper time domain behavior that looks like a exponential rise/fall you need to make sure you get enough time points. The best way to achieve this is by using the $bound_step system task. If you use a linear rise from the transition operator as input and just map the linear value to the equivalent exponential value you should be able to calculate arguments to the $bound_step task that control the step size to be sufficiently small during transition while switching off this step size control when it has reached its final value.

Cheers,
Marq

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.