The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 7th, 2024, 9:16am
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Practical Miller-Cap Multiplication Factors (Read 2905 times)
raja.cedt
Senior Fellow

Germany
Re: Practical Miller-Cap Multiplication Factors
Reply #15 - Dec 11th, 2011, 3:30pm

hello robg,
it was nice discussion with you regarding miller multiplication. I am assuming always amplifier in linear region (to be frank that is the region where we can as an amplifier) and in order satisfy this condition in my earlier post i have introduced by dynamic range term. Bottom line is we both are on the same line but 2x seems smaller range but in open loop many people implemented around 10X in the contest of damping controlled frequency compensation of the op amps (of course cap is connected across gm/gm load opamp) .

Thanks,
Raj.

View Profile WWW raja.sekhar86   IP Logged
RobG
Community Fellow

Bozeman, MT
Reply #16 - Dec 11th, 2011, 3:40pm

Thanks Raja, I don't think we disagree on anything... we both are saying that the amp must remain in the linear region. My point is that it can be pretty tough to do that with a high gain amp, and Joe seemed to want this for an RC filter, not miller compensation.

Inside of an opamp feedback loop there shouldn't be any problem going far more than 10x because the feedback will force the input to be small.

rg

View Profile   IP Logged
sushan

Reply #17 - Dec 12th, 2011, 10:36pm

You can find the refernce from http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/rts/docs/SIGDA-Compendium-1994-2004/papers/2003/glsvlsi...  ....But I'm yet to simulate it.

View Profile   IP Logged
RobG
Community Fellow

Bozeman, MT
Reply #18 - Dec 13th, 2011, 6:06am

Thanks for the reference AnalogBeginner.

I should mention to Joe to make sure and simulate noise with any active circuit he tries.

rg

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.