The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 9th, 2024, 7:17am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
About the supply voltage of an inverter in tsmc  65nm LP process (Read 430 times)
easyads

About the supply voltage of an inverter in tsmc  65nm LP process
Jan 12th, 2012, 1:14am

Hi
    An inverter with minimum channel length(L=65nm) in tsmc 65nm LP process is designed. The recommended supply voltage of the inverter from tsmc is 1.2V.
(1) If the inverter is used as a static inverter, could the supply voltage vdd be more than 2.5V?
(2) IF the inverter is used as an clk buffer (Fclk=80MHz0), could the supply voltage vdd be more than 2.5V?

I have reversed an third party chip. In the chip, there is some inverters designed with minimum length(L=65nm), but the supply voltage of these inverter should be more than 2.5V by circuit analysis. Can this be reasonable?

Thanks .

View Profile   IP Logged
raja.cedt
Senior Fellow

Germany
Re: About the supply voltage of an inverter in tsmc  65nm LP process
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2012, 1:37am

interesting...

Normally people tries to reduce the inverter supply, that to in 65nm i can't imagine 2.5V supply. I am sure for clock buffer no one use 2.5 and it will be around 1.2V. Some times inverters used as level shifters for high voltage to low voltage converter. May be this is the situation in your case.

Thanks,
Raj.

View Profile WWW raja.sekhar86   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.