The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 11th, 2024, 4:18am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to calculate the noise of this SC-amplifier? (Read 922 times)
Jacki

How to calculate the noise of this SC-amplifier?
Feb 16th, 2012, 7:42am

Hello,

I am calculating the integrated noise of this SC-amplifier as shown in the figure. At the beginning, I just calculated the noise at the output of "Voutn" and "Voutp". But my boss tells me I should calculate the noise at the "Voutn' " and "Voutp' ", and his opinion is at that point, it is the real noise of the SC-amplifier.

I check a lot of books and papers, all of the authors calculate the noise at the points "Voutn" and "Voutp". Now if I want to calculate the noise at the points "Voutn' " and "Voutp' ", what I should add? From the clock cycle, it is a new period, and the OTA is open loop. Should I add both the OTA noise and sampling noise of switch again? Also at least from my simulation experience, the integrated noise of OTA in open loop (in continuous time simulation) is very high. From the simulation, I compare the integrated noise of the SC-amplifier at "Voutn/Voutp" and "Voutn'/Voutp' ", the former one has smaller noise, almost 1/3 integrated noise of the latter one, and the noise has the unit square volt "V2".

Anybody can give me some hints? Thank you very much! [img][/img]

SC_amplifier.png
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.