The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 29th, 2024, 10:07pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
detailed resolution must be used with inherited connection. Why? (Read 2428 times)
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
detailed resolution must be used with inherited connection. Why?
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:04pm

Hi Guys,

I know that detailed resolution must be used with inherited connection in ams simulator. But I don't know the reason. Why?

In one test bench, there are logic_33, logic_18, and analog domain. Some nodes that connects logic_33 domain and analog domain has resolved discipline logic. It is curious. Not only the output of logic cells is wrong, but also some nodes do not abide Kirchhoff current law in pure analog domain. I am regretful that I cannot show picture of the branch currents now.

The tools are IC 5.10.41.500.6.141, Spectre 7.2.0.194.isr4, and ncsim 10.20-s073.

Any comments are appreciated.

Best Regards,
Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
boe
Community Fellow

Re: detailed resolution must be used with inherited connection. Why?
Reply #1 - Apr 2nd, 2012, 11:38am

Ywguo,

Unless you use detailed discipline resolution, the simulator uses wrong power supply when crossing power domains.

- B O E

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.