The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 11:29am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ISF ( Impulse Sensitivity Function) simulation for Clocked Sampler (Read 2678 times)
bharat
Community Member

ISF ( Impulse Sensitivity Function) simulation for Clocked Sampler
Sep 24th, 2012, 9:50pm

I am somewhat confused in simulating clocked sampler along with Kickback Buffer ( pre-amplifier) to show that sensitivity of the sampler is improved when it is preceded with Kickback Buffer. To do this, I came across ISF and tried understanding it.
I think, I understood, what really goes behind ISF simulation yet not have enough clarity in simulation setup.
So far what I understood that;
1. Keep the input in the meta stable state and then apply the CLK to store periodic steady state and then run periodic small signal (PAC).
2. But as the paper suggests " Impulse Sensitivity Function Analysis of Periodic Circuits" by Jaeha Kim, Metha Jeeradit  IEEE, 2008 ( refer Fig 4(a)) how to find the unique time t0 which paper says is 26 ps.
Any help is highly appreciated

Thanks
-Bharat

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.