The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 19th, 2024, 5:24am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
how to estimate the mid freq psr of this bandgap? (Read 1598 times)
yvkrishna

how to estimate the mid freq psr of this bandgap?
Jan 12th, 2013, 3:08pm

Shown is the current summing bandap here, how to estimate the mid range psr for this circuit analytically?
Error amp used has nmos i/p pair and pmos mirror loaded. Amp o/p pole is the dominant pole of the system.

I expect(and see) usual plot like a simple LDO (with nmos i/p stage error amp and pmos pass trans at o/p) where the  PSR first rises at the 3dB freq of the Loop and then saturates at about the  ugb of the loop.

Can we use similar approach here also? what would be the rough estimates for zero and the pole for this psr plot of bgr?
Does this mid-freq psr depend on the any capacitor after once the gain,ugb of the loop is fixed?

The well known solution to improve the mid freq (rather the worst psr across freq range)is  by adding a cap at the o/p of bgr which simply acts as a filter.(which comes at the cost of slowing down the  bandgap)

Is there any alternative method to control/improve the worst psr (acorss all freq range) for this circuit? (may be intrinsically if we clearly know what limits it)

Thanks,
yvkrishna

bgr_psr_001.png
View Profile   IP Logged
yvkrishna

Re: how to estimate the mid freq psr of this bandgap?
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2013, 9:25pm

Here the amp's PSR ( gain from supply to o/p of amp) is usually taken   ~1. However the amp's PSR frequency response makes it further complicated to understand the total psr of the bandgap.

I had observed a pole-zero doublet in amp PSR itself.

Thanks,
yvkrishna

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.