The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 19th, 2024, 12:40am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ADC simulation Verilog A (Read 4287 times)
batmanbeginz

ADC simulation Verilog A
Feb 01st, 2013, 11:31pm

Hi all,

I am trying to simulate an ADC [Analog to digital converter] on verilog-A, using MOSFET models generated from TCAD tools.
In order to quantify ADC performance in terms of SNR etc. I need to include noise in my simulations too.
Can someone help to identify where I can include noise sources in the simulation process and how to include them ?

I know that this is very broad question, however as I am a beginner in this field any pointers will be great.
I was thinking of 2 approaches: either include sources of thermal noise etc in TCAD models and somehow use this information in ADC Verilog A simulation,
or simulate ADC in verilog A, using a noise generating function.

Can anyone help to identify pros-cons and more importantly feasibility of these approaches ?

Thanks in Advance !!

View Profile   IP Logged
sourav

Re: ADC simulation Verilog A
Reply #1 - Mar 16th, 2013, 1:15pm

hi batmanbeginz

what kind of ADC you are trying to simulate?? For my case I am working on delta sigma ADC and i am using the DFT function in the cadence calculator. Forget about the thermal noise, there is other kind of noise present too in the ADC circuits. That is quantization noise and from DFT you can calculate the signal to noise ratio. After getting that quantization noise think about the thermal noise. Cool

sourav

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.