The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 18th, 2024, 11:24am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Monte Carlo Mismatch simulation for ring oscillator plotting tempco variation (Read 52 times)
ic_engr

Monte Carlo Mismatch simulation for ring oscillator plotting tempco variation
Feb 07th, 2013, 7:24am

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to run a MonteCarlo Msimatch simulation for ring oscillator and plot frequency variation as a mismatch function over multiple temperatures. I also have an expression wherein I want to plot the temperature variation mismatch of frequency, sinc in my design I am not going to trim the tempco. So I guess Monte Carlo mismatch plot should be able to predict.

In Cadence IC61, when doing MonteCarlo Mismatch Simulations, the only way to sweep variable (e.g. temperature) is to run as separate corners in transient simulation. But when expression is plotted for frequency e.g. for 0C and 50C as  a mismatch it only was able to plot the frequency mismatch histogram for each plot separately. I have an expression where I want it to plot the tempco of the frequency mismatch using multiple temperatures e.g 0C and 50C which fails, because the two temperatures are run as two independent simulations in MonteCarlo.

I know in IC 5.1 we were able to run parametric sweeps for MonteCarlo but in IC 61 this does not seem to exist.

Any suggestions ?

Regards

ic_engr

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.