The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 3rd, 2024, 2:29pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hoe to find floating nodes and floating gate in a schematic. (Read 3960 times)
Superman

Mumbai
Hoe to find floating nodes and floating gate in a schematic.
Feb 20th, 2013, 4:05am

Hi friends,
I am new to the digital design field and i m designing flipflop and latches in Cadence environment. It's easy to determine manually the floating nodes and gates for a smaller circuit. I would like to know if there is a way this can be done through codes or any other means for a big circuit consisting more than 100 transistors as it's difficult to detect these manually for such a big circuit. Please help.

View Profile   IP Logged
rf-design

Reiner Franke

Germany
Re: Hoe to find floating nodes and floating gate in a schematic.
Reply #1 - Feb 21st, 2013, 1:31am

I thought in the past that it would be easy for modified nodal circuit analysis programs to print and plot the node conductance for dc and transient refered to the global gnd-node. I requested this feature about 15 years ago while using SMASH. It is very useful also for general analog circuits which have different switchable operating modes or at least a power down mode. Often the circuit leakage is defined by a floating node and an active gate. The potential on this node is in practice defined by leakage current corners. All designkits which I work with in the past have wrong distributions and could not detect the floating node issues.
About 10 years after the feature request SMASH implement this. But now on the kits does not have the corners and I am not using SMASH anymore.

http://www.dolphin.fr/medal/downloads/pdf/smash/PS-SMASH-5.10.pdf

View Profile   IP Logged
A Kumar R
Community Member

India
Re: Hoe to find floating nodes and floating gate in a schematic.
Reply #2 - Feb 21st, 2013, 5:36am

Hi Superman,

Use Ultrasim simulator. It generates a netlist file just before simulating the circuit which consists of all kinds of inappropriate nodes in the system.

Thanks
Anil

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.