The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 19th, 2024, 9:00am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Spectre dying (Read 2274 times)
padawan

Spectre dying
Mar 19th, 2013, 6:25pm

Hi,

I've been having some difficulty finishing simulations on Cadence. When I run ADE transient simulation, after some time, the spectre simulation just stops (around 18% of the total simulation). I've been monitoring the resources during the simulation to make sure I'm not running out of memory, nor disk space and I don't see any issues there. ICFB doesn't report anything, neither does the spectre.out file. The spectre process cpu% just stays at zero.

I'm running version 5.1.0 and MMSIM11. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could fix this?

Thanks,

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: Spectre dying
Reply #1 - Mar 20th, 2013, 6:26am

Are you running the 64-bit binary?  You could be hitting the 2GB limit for the 32-bit binary.  It does seem like you're running out of something.

Can you find the netlist (input.scs?) and run it from the command line?

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
padawan

Re: Spectre dying
Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2013, 10:11am

I tried to run it thought 64-bit binary through ADE (I don't think I have direct access to spectre because I'm running it through the CMC environment) and I ended up getting the same results.

The only difference I seen is the size of the virtual memory. 32-bit had ~750M while the 64 was ~1G.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.