The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 18th, 2024, 12:21am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Common centroid/Interdigitized layout LVS issue (Read 6374 times)
jockeymonto

abu dhabi
Common centroid/Interdigitized layout LVS issue
Apr 14th, 2013, 12:01pm

I am new to the idea of common centroid layout. Although I have studied various configurations of common centroid layout of differential pairs but every time I try implementing a configuration I get LVS errors. I have some basic questions to ask about common centroid layout design which I hope will help many other beginners as well.
1)      Let me have a differential pair (A & B) with 20um/1um size of each MOS, now I want  to implement the simplest possible configuration of interdigitization.i.e ABBA. I want to know to create two instances of A do I have to use multiplier or finger parameter of the MOS or shall I manually create 4 MOS each with size 10um/1um? When I use multiplier or finger parameter it gives only one solid instance in the layout with multiple drains/sources/gates or gates respectively.
2)      Therefore I manually use 4 different MOS and simulate them in schematics. See the figure (cc1) below. To implement the configuration ABBA, I import all the four instances and create the layout as shown in cc2. But it gives LVS errors saying devices do not cross match. Why do parallel MOS with all terminals connected give us LVS errors? Am I following the right procedure for common centroid layout?
3)      Please help!
[img][/img]

cc2.png
View Profile   IP Logged
jockeymonto

abu dhabi
Re: Common centroid/Interdigitized layout LVS issue
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2013, 12:03pm

Here is the schematic

cc1.png
View Profile   IP Logged
rfidea

Europe
Reply #2 - Apr 14th, 2013, 12:15pm

In the layout there is one common bulk node but in the schematic there are two bulks connected to nodes s1 and s2.

(The circuit is not a differential stage, it is two pmos source followers.)

View Profile   IP Logged
jockeymonto

abu dhabi
Reply #3 - Apr 14th, 2013, 11:21pm

Thanks rfidea, You are right i am using an nwell tech and needed to connect the bulk to vdd. I have done it and there are no LVS errors.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.