The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 4:35pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
qpnoise/qpac never starts after successful qpss (Read 2867 times)
Ruiyan

qpnoise/qpac never starts after successful qpss
May 03rd, 2013, 2:23am

Hi Guys,

Just wondering what's happening here.
I'm trying to simulate a down conversion receiver with a blocker tone using qpss.
The qpss ran successfully. I'm expecting the qpac or qpnoise to follow that shortly.
However qpac/qpnoise will just sit there, never started even the first frequency point. no warning messages, no errors. I get the initial title for qnoise analysis and the Input Frequency Range = (...). but nothing after that!
Is this likely to be a memory problem?
I did get warnings of intensive swap activity and possible reduced performance.

Thanks.
Ruiyan

View Profile   IP Logged
RFICDUDE
Community Fellow

Re: qpnoise/qpac never starts after successful qpss
Reply #1 - May 5th, 2013, 4:37am

It is probably a memory problem.

If you have a terminal window open you can use the "top" linux command to see processes running. Use the "m" key to display processes according to memory usage. You will probably see the spectre process using most of the physical memory.

If it is a memory problem then you could try using the "swapfile" option for the QPSS/QPAC simulation. This will store information in a swapfile that is not needed for the current calculation. It doesn't slow down the simulation and it will free up memory for the simulator.

View Profile   IP Logged
Ruiyan

Re: qpnoise/qpac never starts after successful qpss
Reply #2 - May 7th, 2013, 2:40am

Many thanks, RFICDUDE. I will try the swapfile option.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.