The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 15th, 2024, 7:42am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Free CAD Software (Read 64 times)
pcardoso73

Portugal
Free CAD Software
Jul 03rd, 2013, 11:42am

Dear all,

Unfortunately, I am 2000 km away from my University and, from here (Switzerland) I can't have to Cadence.

To keep going with some work, I am looking for a piece of software that can do basic schematic design/simulation and, as well, layout.
I found the LTSpice and it seems to be quite good. However I believe it lacks noise analysis (especially phase-noise). On top of this I need to do some basic layout, and extract it.

My main problem with free software is that I don't know how to integrate a PDK such as the free PDK, into LTSpice and/or Electric VLSI.

Do you know good approaches to my problem ? After this I will need, as well, a freeware Verilog/Verilog-A software for designing a BIST block.

Thanks a lot.
Cheers,
Pedro

View Profile   IP Logged
Murat H. Eskiyerli
Ex Member

Re: Free CAD Software
Reply #1 - Aug 11th, 2013, 7:43am

Although I haven't used this myself, it shows promise:

http://www.layouteditor.net/

IP Logged
Aanoit

Re: Free CAD Software
Reply #2 - Sep 2nd, 2013, 8:14am

Now that it has LTSpice 'built in' you should consider PCBArtist.  It's free and works quite well.

pcbartist dot com

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.