The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 29th, 2024, 1:32am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cadence ADEXL: how to merge troubleshot point with rest of montecarlo data (Read 3478 times)
spectrallypure
Community Member

Cadence ADEXL: how to merge troubleshot point with rest of montecarlo data
Aug 27th, 2013, 12:19pm

Hello! I am having problems plotting the histograms of my monte carlo runs. Sometimes (I suspect due to license timeouts) the simulation of some points in the run "kind of" fails (i.e., they are not flagged as failed, but all their associated evaluated/measured quantities are zero!). These points lead to wrong histograms, since the zero values are taken into account for the plotting.
However, if after the whole monte carlo run is over I use the option "(right-click) Troubleshoot point" on these failed points, they run fine. The problem is that the troubleshot results for these points are not integrated with the rest of the monte carlo run, so I still get ill histograms. So my question is, how can I tell adexl to merge the troubleshot points' results with the rest of the original results, so as to replace the old zero-valued entries?

Thanks in advance for any help/ideas/comments.

Cheers,

Jorge.

P.S. I naively attempted to fool adexl by manually copying the troubleshot results into the old point's data directory, but it didn't work; I guess I'm still lacking  a way to make adexl reload the data from the disk... how could I force this? (yes, I tried closing everything and reopening, but it doesn't seem to read the overwritten data!).

View Profile   IP Logged
Frank Wiedmann
Community Fellow

Munich, Germany
Re: Cadence ADEXL: how to merge troubleshot point with rest of montecarlo data
Reply #1 - Aug 28th, 2013, 12:25am

You might want to ask your question at http://www.cadence.com/community/forums/38.aspx.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
spectrallypure
Community Member

Re: Cadence ADEXL: how to merge troubleshot point with rest of montecarlo data
Reply #2 - Aug 28th, 2013, 1:36pm

Oh, I was not aware of the existence of that forum! Thanks so much for the idea! Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.