The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 19th, 2024, 7:05am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
preserivng schematic & layout connectivity information when copying cells (Read 3889 times)
ic_engr

preserivng schematic & layout connectivity information when copying cells
Jul 30th, 2013, 4:10pm

Hello,

In Virtuoso 5.1.41, I am using virtuoso XL. For archiving purposes I am copying the library with cells into a new library. What I note, is that in the destination library, the connectivity information between Source, & layout view remains for the origin and does not automatically change to destination lib. This is painful as one needs to go through every cell and update connectivity source library name.

Similarly, if the cell is copied or renamed, the XL connectivity information is lost.
Any help will be appreciated.

Regards
ic_engr

View Profile   IP Logged
boe
Community Fellow

Re: preserivng schematic & layout connectivity information when copying cells
Reply #1 - Jul 31st, 2013, 3:51am

Hello ic_engr,
what do Cadence support say?
- B O E

View Profile   IP Logged
ic_engr

Reply #2 - Jul 31st, 2013, 7:50am

Not heard yet.
Now there is an option to do update on connectivity of source hierarchical.
But if then I re-name the cell the connectivity information is not updated to new cell name.

ic_engr

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #3 - Dec 27th, 2013, 3:17am

You should use the "Update" checkbox that is on either rename or copy from the library manager. This is assuming that you're using Cadence's library manager, and not an alternative library manager as provided by (say) a design management interface.

It's not really updating the "connectivity", but updating the references to the cellViews so that they end up pointing at the destination copies or renamed cells, rather than the original cellViews.

Kind Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.