The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 2nd, 2024, 1:19pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
1T1C DRAM (Read 2497 times)
Oceanamie

1T1C DRAM
Aug 26th, 2013, 10:15am

Hello.  I need some helpful hints.

I have a 1T1C DRAM, 10 fF capacitor with Vt ~ 1 V.

How often does this this individual cell need to be refreshed in order for the charge stored not to drop below 85% of its maximum value?

View Profile   IP Logged
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

Re: 1T1C DRAM
Reply #1 - Aug 26th, 2013, 10:17pm

I don't know much about DRAM, but i'm sure you need to know the off-resistance of the transistor. From there just use

85% = e-t/RC

Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
Oceanamie

Reply #2 - Aug 27th, 2013, 8:00am

aaron_do wrote on Aug 26th, 2013, 10:17pm:
I don't know much about DRAM, but i'm sure you need to know the off-resistance of the transistor. From there just use

85% = e-t/RC

Aaron

This is what I'm trying to solve.  I know the charge at 300 K and 400 K easily enough from the graph, but can't find the rest.

Screen_Shot_2013-08-26_at_6_24_15_PM.png
View Profile   IP Logged
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

Reply #3 - Aug 27th, 2013, 5:54pm

Hi,

what do you mean you found the charge from the graph? The charge is just Q = CV. The first question is basically trying to see if you know what is the maximum voltage that can be written. After that, the leakage current is read from the graph. From there, you need to know that the total charge leakage is Q = I*t.

Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.