The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 2nd, 2024, 3:14am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Duty Cycle Corrector (Read 2451 times)
summi
Community Member

Duty Cycle Corrector
Sep 11th, 2013, 11:59am

Dear Forum,
Can any please suggest a good DCC for 5Ghz ring oscilator? I have seen one simple DCC in J. Lee and B. Kim, “A low-noise fast-lock phase-locked loop with
adaptive bandwidth control,” IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, vol. 35, pp.
1137–1145, 2000
, however i didn't understand it operation, can any one please explain how wit works??

Br,
Summi.

Untitled_025.png
View Profile   IP Logged
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

Re: Duty Cycle Corrector
Reply #1 - Sep 11th, 2013, 5:36pm

Hi,

this circuit seems to require that you already have 2 signals which have pulses which are separated by half of a period. So you cannot take a single pulse train with say 30% duty cycle and put it through this circuit and get a 50% duty cycle pulse train. Actually I think a differential-to-single ended converter based on a differential pair would do the same thing as this circuit, and possibly more reliably since the proposed circuit isn't perfectly balanced. If you have trouble figuring out the logic here then I suggest you try and simulate the circuit. In the circuit shown, I don't think the NMOS at the top or the PMOS at the bottom contribute much to the output, but I haven't tried simulating it so I could be wrong.

If you want to start off with a single non-50% duty cycle signal and end up with a 50% duty cycle signal, you will probably have to try something else. If you do a differential ring-oscillator, it can be designed to provide differential outputs, and then you could use something like the circuit you showed.

regards,
Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.