The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 15th, 2024, 2:26pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bandwidth of oscillator without input (Read 2672 times)
hesan

Think Outside Of The
Box

Iran
Bandwidth of oscillator without input
Nov 13th, 2013, 7:23am

How to compute bandwidth of oscillator for LC-Cross Coupling oscillator ?
In My design Oscillator,I remove Varactor Mos for tuning Bandwidth and I want to calculate bandwidth of Oscillator.you now this oscillator dont have input and for this reason I dont Know How to measure Bandwidth.
If you have any idea for this work please explain How do it with ADS simulator? Cry

View Profile   IP Logged
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

Re: Bandwidth of oscillator without input
Reply #1 - Nov 21st, 2013, 5:47pm

Hi,

what do you mean by the "bandwidth of your oscillator". If it doesn't have a tuning cap, then it only has one oscillation frequency.

regards,
Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
hesan

Think Outside Of The
Box

Iran
Reply #2 - Nov 25th, 2013, 3:01am

Oscillation frequency and bandwidth are different.

Oscillation frequency of my oscillator is clear to me, But I do not know that bandwidth ranges.

for example oscillation frequency of on oscillator is 2.4GHz and Bandwidth it is 400 MHz. range of bandwidth : [2GHz,2.8GHZ].

Note that the oscillator has no input, please help me in the measurement bandwidth. Cry

View Profile   IP Logged
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

Reply #3 - Nov 25th, 2013, 4:32am

Quote:
for example oscillation frequency of on oscillator is 2.4GHz and Bandwidth it is 400 MHz. range of bandwidth : [2GHz,2.8GHZ].

I still don't get what you mean...I'm sure you are not talking about phase noise. Maybe you are talking about the bandwidth of your LC tank? i.e. just the L and (C + parasitics), but not including the -ve impedance...then its just f0/Q...

Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
hesan

Think Outside Of The
Box

Iran
Reply #4 - Nov 25th, 2013, 7:07am

thanks Aaron. Wink

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.