The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 3:34am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
cadence problem : IP3 with PWL (Read 6168 times)
purplewolf

cadence problem : IP3 with PWL
Nov 17th, 2013, 7:32am

Hello All/Cadence Support,
           I am having the problem figuring out how to run IP3 simulation if the input file is a pwl file. I am easily able to run all other analysis of PSS except the IP3. I have tried PSS+PAC, QPSS which are usual for calculating IP3 but it dont work. For example,with the PSS+PAC analysis the PAC>IPN Curves has the message ''The data for each sideband of the pac analysis contains are frequency sweep.As a result,the above selected function cannot be executed'.
I need urgent help in this regard!

Thanks!

View Profile   IP Logged
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

Re: cadence problem : IP3 with PWL
Reply #1 - Nov 17th, 2013, 9:12pm

Hi,

if you are able to plot everything except IP3, why don't you plot the IM3 and fundamental components and then calculate IP3 yourself?

Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
purplewolf

Reply #2 - Nov 18th, 2013, 1:29am

Hi.
 I forgot to mention, i cant plot IM3 components.

View Profile   IP Logged
tm123
Community Member

Chicago, IL
Reply #3 - Nov 18th, 2013, 7:51am

What kind of circuit are you trying to simulate?  Although some designers use PSS+PAC to run 2 tone simulations in less time, I think this type of analysis injects the second tone as a small signal so your IP3 result may not be accurate.  What is preventing you from running a 2 tone transient, 2 tone PSS, or 2 tone HB?

View Profile   IP Logged
purplewolf

Reply #4 - Nov 21st, 2013, 7:50am

There is no option in the port to declare the second signal when i am using input in the form of a text file (pwl file).i oculd no figure out how to simulate??

View Profile   IP Logged
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

Reply #5 - Nov 21st, 2013, 5:51pm

Hi,

since you insist on using your own input file, I assume its some kind of special signal. You could run a transient analysis and to a DFT. Then you can backwards calculate the IP3.

regards,
Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Reply #6 - Nov 22nd, 2013, 9:53am

PSS should work fine with a PWL source. You are using the PWL source to provide the fundamental and using pacmag to provide the test source, right?

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
rfidea

Europe
Reply #7 - Nov 23rd, 2013, 6:31am

Can you please describe why you are using a pwl file as input. IP3 is measured with two sinus signals as inputs. To me it looks like the easiest way is to use a vsin, isin or a port as input, depending on the input interface.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.