The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 2nd, 2024, 9:13am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CMOS Inverter (Read 2312 times)
Mikay
Community Member

CMOS Inverter
Nov 23rd, 2013, 3:08pm

Does anyone has any idea on how to make minor modification to the CMOS inverter(can be multiple stage cascaded if necessary) so that  it's input threshold voltage is approximately independent to the power supply? Say, when the power supply is changed from 3V to 6V, the switching point of the inverter is always around 2V(or a very tight range 1.8~2.2). This is will very helpful in my BGR startup circuits design.

Really appreciate your time.

« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2013, 4:13pm by Mikay »  
View Profile   IP Logged
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

Re: CMOS Inverter
Reply #1 - Nov 25th, 2013, 4:36am

Depends how minor I guess...you could use a comparator, but you need some kind of reference (a Vth reference maybe).

Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
Mikay
Community Member

Re: CMOS Inverter
Reply #2 - Nov 25th, 2013, 12:50pm

Thanks Aaron. The problem has been solved. The idea used is almost  the same as yours. Other than using a threshold reference which has a litle bit wider distribution, with a DIODE reference, the Monte Carlo simualtion shows the inout threshold voltage of the inverter(cascaded) is now between 1.8 and 2.4. This will make my BGR well starts up across all corners and full 3~6V power supply range.

-Mikay

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.