The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 25th, 2024, 9:16am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PSS + sampled PAC (Read 2223 times)
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

PSS + sampled PAC
Dec 04th, 2013, 10:56pm

Hi all,

I am trying to run PSS + sampled PAC on a sample and hold, and I have noticed two problems.

1) I used the "sampled PAC" analysis directly in spectreRF, and it allows me to plot the PAC waveforms for specific time instances. However, when I try to do a parametric sweep of a DC bias (for example), I can no longer plot the waveform at a specific time instance, and the waveform is always averaged over time. How can I get around this?

2) One solution I tried for the above was to use normal (not sampled) PAC analysis, and then add an ideal sample and hold at those nodes I want to analyze (sah_ideal from analogLib). However, when I do this, the PAC node voltage is attenuated by about 80 dB. Does anybody know the reason for this?

thanks,
Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
Frank Wiedmann
Community Fellow

Munich, Germany
Re: PSS + sampled PAC
Reply #1 - Dec 5th, 2013, 6:41am

I have never tried this combination. This may well be a bug. By looking at the analysis statements in the netlist, you might be able to find out if the bug is likely to be in ADE or in SpectreRF. I suggest that you present your problem at http://www.cadence.com/community/forums/33.aspx and if that does not help, contact Cadence Support.

I am not sure if the sah_ideal from ahdlLib works properly in pac analysis. It has a hidden state (see http://www.designers-guide.org/Analysis/hidden-state.pdf) that is not flagged as an error because the module is marked as an (* instrument_module *).

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

Re: PSS + sampled PAC
Reply #2 - Dec 5th, 2013, 4:41pm

Thanks for the help.

Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.