The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 18th, 2024, 7:48am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
simualting for sigma delta noise folding due to charge pump nonlinearity (Read 2859 times)
yvkrishna

simualting for sigma delta noise folding due to charge pump nonlinearity
Dec 27th, 2013, 10:18am

Hi,

In the context of fractional plls, the nonlinearity in the PFD+CP transfer characteristic would result in  noise folding which would increase the low freq phase noise.

I want to create a simple setup to capture in spectre simulations using
1.) quantisation noise by using zvcvs ( just by plugging coefficents of NTF of sigma delta modulator(z domain TF))
2.) vcvs to create the nonlinear transfer char using pwl vector/data file (curve obtained from stand alone chargepump simulation  charge  Vs. delta phi (input phase difference))

If i cascade these two sources 1,2 can I really capture the folding effects(intermodulation )?
but what simualtion (ac/tran/pac ) is needed for this kind of situation?

Ofcourse modeling  modulator/chargepump in timedomain or using matlab for the same is fullblown exercise to capture it completely.

Thanks,
yvkrishna

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.