The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 16th, 2024, 5:15pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
transient result from tstab in QPSS (Read 2626 times)
saeedp

transient result from tstab in QPSS
Jan 28th, 2014, 3:29pm

Hi Everybody,

I run QPSS+QPAC in spectre. There is a large signal clock in the circuit in addition to a large 0dBm single tone in the input port, so I have two large signal.

in the QPSS setting, I set the tstab to 10ns. after the simulation, in "Direct plot form" in the tstab analysis result, when I try to observe the transient behavior of the input (port), I don't see any sinewave coming from the port.

So my question is : does tstab take the source information from port while running that initial 10ns transient?

Thanks,
Saeed

View Profile   IP Logged
Shady Adly

Egypt
Re: transient result from tstab in QPSS
Reply #1 - Feb 5th, 2014, 3:37pm

No, as I recall in QPSS analysis, initial transient tstab is only performed only on the large tone and not on the moderate ones.

Regards,
Shady

View Profile Shady Adly shady.adly   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: transient result from tstab in QPSS
Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2014, 3:51am

This is because the initial transient is used to provide a good starting point for the subsequent frequency domain analysis (if HB) or the time-domain part of the mixed-frequency time analysis (if shooting). Since QPSS is intended for non-commensurate tones, it would only make sense to enable the moderate tones (or tones other than the first one if using HB) if you were able to simulate a complete period of all the frequencies - which is potentially a very long time when the tones aren't commensurate.

Since the idea is that the first (or large) tone is the one that causes the most non-linearity, this is usually the one that has the biggest benefit in running a transient assist for.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.