The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 23rd, 2024, 4:20am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Regulator closed loop bandwidth doubt (Read 932 times)
analog geek

Regulator closed loop bandwidth doubt
Jan 28th, 2014, 6:38pm

Hello Folks,
                    SO I am working on LDO for high frequency devices like PLL. I have some doubts regarding some terminologies which are pretty much easy.

1. So there are two devices which will decide bandwidth of the regulator those are output PMOS device and amplifier. In my case output device (PMOSFET) has the dominant pole frequency while amplifier has very high frequency pole. So we can say that regulators gain start dropping after dominant pole of the output devices (PMOSFET). So how can we define the bandwidth of the regulator??...Is the bandwidth of the regulator means the frequency at which gain of the regulator start rolling off because of low dominant pole at the output?...what will decide bandwidth of the regulator, PMOS device or high bandwidth amplifier??..

2. Also there will be negative feedback used in the amplifier for stability which will increase the bandwidth and decrease the gain. How is this closed loop bandwidth of the amplifier related to bandwidth of the regulator?....

Basically having confusion between closed loop regulator bandwidth, effective amplifier bandwidth????

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.