The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 22nd, 2024, 12:39pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
any low power +ve only opamps? (Read 1567 times)
bubbinos

any low power +ve only opamps?
Feb 20th, 2014, 2:33pm

Some friends and I are trying to build our own portable usb power pack, and are using a 3.7v 5000mah battery in the design. We'd like to charge our power pack via usb port, and are using boost converters to do most of the work. All the design has been laid out, but I thought it would be nice to have some sort of battery indicator on the unit.

My idea is to use some comparators with a 1.2V regulator and just bias each comparator. I've worked out resistor values so I can have a >80% battery line, and >50%. Anything lower will indicate <50%. Of course, this is where I've been unable to find anything useful.

The opamps would need to run off of low power (I'd like around 1V) and can't require negative voltage, since we won't have that available.
Is there anything out there that might do the job? Or perhaps a better way to design this?

View Profile   IP Logged
wave

Silicon Valley
Re: any low power +ve only opamps?
Reply #1 - Feb 21st, 2014, 4:40pm

That should be very straight forward.  Use parametric guides at the major semi suppliers.  I found the LMV951 at TI.   It only goes to 3V, so you would need a regulator, or atleast a diode drop on it's supply.

You might also choose a Bandgap Reference at 1.2V that works at some moderate voltage (1.8V) on our reference & R-dividers.

Wave

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.