The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 15th, 2024, 11:18am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Receiver design (Read 3640 times)
tabascorez

Receiver design
Apr 08th, 2014, 2:07am

Hi

I need to design a receiver to meet the following specifications. Can anybody please lend me some help about the type of receiver I should use and why? The specifications are attached.

specs.jpg
View Profile   IP Logged
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

Re: Receiver design
Reply #1 - Apr 8th, 2014, 6:06pm

Hi,

it looks like a Wifi standard. So I would suggest looking at Wifi products or papers to see what they did. Just curious though, how could you know the "image rejection" requirement without knowing the type of receiver? To me the specs look doable with a direct-conversion receiver (DCR), except for the IR which you will need to work on, but a DCR may not need such high IR anyway.

Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
tabascorez

Reply #2 - Apr 8th, 2014, 7:29pm

Yes its the WLAN 802.11a standard. I am new at designing this stuff, so can you guide me how to calculate the parameters I need to set when I do the simulations?

View Profile   IP Logged
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

Reply #3 - Apr 8th, 2014, 8:36pm

Hi,

if you have any specific questions, I'm sure somebody here can answer them. If you're trying to get an overall understanding of the specifications, its better that you read up first from texts and such.

Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
tabascorez

Reply #4 - Apr 8th, 2014, 9:03pm

I have been reading in a book and the structure that they used was this type (attached). Now how do I set the different values for the LNA, LO and input to match the specs?

structure.JPG
View Profile   IP Logged
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

Reply #5 - Apr 8th, 2014, 11:14pm

Hi,

you want to know how to set all of the parameters? Maybe you could make a list of which parameters you need to know. It should simply be a matter of understanding cascaded NF and IIP3 equations. For these ideal components, you will probably need to match all the impedances in order to get the right gain values...

regards,
Aaron

View Profile   IP Logged
tabascorez

Reply #6 - Apr 8th, 2014, 11:28pm

OK let me give it a try and see what I come up with. This lead/lag is confusing me..

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.