The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 20th, 2024, 4:35pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sparameters sims does not match AC sims (Read 1571 times)
eefet3

NY
Sparameters sims does not match AC sims
May 01st, 2014, 3:22pm

I had ported a verilogA model for MESFET device into Cadence. I successfully used this model in ADS. I see discrepancies in Sparamters sims vs. AC sims. In ADS I do not have this issue. It seems that in specrtre the gm (re(Y21)) of the device is significantly lower then extracted using AC simulation. In ADS I get identical gms independently of the type of the simulation used.

I am quite confident that I do not have a mistake in my test bench since I am using the same approach on the BSIM model, and AC and Sparam gm matches.

Any ideas? suggestions?

Thanks,
Aleksey

View Profile   IP Logged
eefet3

NY
Re: Sparameters sims does not match AC sims
Reply #1 - May 5th, 2014, 2:00pm

Just want to add a little more information and another question. If I run transient simulation as a part of the bench than AC, DC and SPARAM seem to agree. Why would adding transient simulation change outcome of the Sparameters and AC simulations? I always though that are independent simulations.

Am I doing something wrong?

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.