The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 20th, 2024, 4:27pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Spectre/MATLAB toolbox not compatible with a Windows-installed MATLAB (Read 842 times)
esantin

Spectre/MATLAB toolbox not compatible with a Windows-installed MATLAB
May 02nd, 2014, 7:41am

Hello,

I have used the Spectre/MATLAB Toolbox for a long time in a Linux MATLAB installation. It works great to create consistent documentation from Spectre simulated data.

Now, I need to plot several graphs but I'm restricted to a Windows MATLAB installation (the graphs generation is part of an automated doc flow that is Windows-inclined). I tried to transfer the toolbox to my Windows environment, but it doesn't work.

After examing the toolbox function in details (the toolbox is available under <mmsim_path>/tools/spectre/matlab), I believe the problem is simply related to a mex-file, specifically cds_innersrr.mexglx.

This mex-file is a C-written function compiled in Linux, and hence not readable through a MATLAB installed in Windows. The extension for Windows should be .mex, and not .mexglx.

Given the above picture, my questions are:
i) Is it only this particular function (cds_innersrr.mexglx) that is prohibiting the toolbox to work properly in my Windows MATLAB?

ii) If so, how do I get a cds_innersrr.mex Windows-compatible function? Is there a way of getting the C-code of cds_innersrr and then compile this function by myself?

Any help is extremely appreciated.

Regards,
esantin

View Profile   IP Logged
Frank Wiedmann
Community Fellow

Munich, Germany
Re: Spectre/MATLAB toolbox not compatible with a Windows-installed MATLAB
Reply #1 - May 5th, 2014, 1:46am

I suggest you present your problem at http://www.cadence.com/community/forums/38.aspx (or contact Cadence support at http://support.cadence.com/).

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
esantin

Re: Spectre/MATLAB toolbox not compatible with a Windows-installed MATLAB
Reply #2 - May 5th, 2014, 4:07am

Thanks, Frank.

I'll try to solve the problem following your suggestion. Then, if I succeed, I come back to share the solution.

Regards,
esantin

P.S.: In fact, before coming here, I tried to post this problem at Cadence Community Forum (your first suggested link), but, unfortunately, I found an issue with my Cadence account registration (related to the Screen Name) that precluded my posting there. I already asked help and hopefully they are working on my account issue.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.