The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 16th, 2024, 6:25pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Spectremdl using exported values (Read 1376 times)
JairoD

Spectremdl using exported values
May 20th, 2014, 10:36am

Hello all,

I just recently started using spectremdl and as a new user I am having a particular issue. I am trying to get a scenario and I am having trouble with the implementation using spectremdl. What I want to do is to run a transient simulation, calculate the value of a parameter from the transient sim, and than after that I want to run an AC sim using the value of the parameter that I calculated in the transient sim. So far I have this code:

alias measurement trans {
         run tran1
         export real var_y=(abs(V(signal)))@40u (this is just an example to show that I am extracting a variable from the trans sim)
}

run trans
(here I want to change a parameter called I_clk to equal var_y)
I_clk=var_y
run ac

I get an error when running this because it seems the var_y is only seen in the scope of the trans measurement. Is there any way to grab that value and than use it for my ac simulation? any help would be appreciated.

-Jairo

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.