The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 16th, 2024, 4:57pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
can momentum calculate substrate eddy current? (Read 1294 times)
dog1
Community Member

can momentum calculate substrate eddy current?
Jun 25th, 2014, 6:51am

I am designing an on-chip inductor without metal shield and uses momentum to model the inductor. but then I wonder if Agilent momentum is able to calculate the effect of the eddy current in substrate. I heard from someone that because it is 2.5D simulator, the eddy current in the substrate is not taken care of. Also, there seems to be no meshing for the substrate. However, there is a resistance defined for the substrate, and also green function seems to be used, so I think it should be giving a 3D result.

Actually I do not understand what is so called 2.5D simulation. I think that the method of moment should really be giving the accurate 3D result, since I also used to be using it in antenna simulation. Or is Agilent momentum not based on the method of moment or only a simplified version of it?

Thanks!

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.