The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 18th, 2024, 11:19am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Writing results to a txt file for MonteCarlo simulation (Read 585 times)
mtp3

Writing results to a txt file for MonteCarlo simulation
Sep 03rd, 2014, 9:13am

Hi!

I am trying to simulate a simple RO using ADE and I use the freq_meter component(written in Verilog A) from the standard cadence library to write the results to a file location specified as "/../period.txt" in the verilogA description.

Now, my question is how do I save the periods.txt file if I am doing a MonteCarlo simulation with 500 runs as the file would be over written for every MC run.

Thanks and regards,

View Profile   IP Logged
wandola

Re: Writing results to a txt file for MonteCarlo simulation
Reply #1 - Sep 8th, 2014, 6:37pm

my understanding is that for every MC run, the saved text file will be opened for writing and the new data will be appended to the end of the previously saved data. In the end of one MC run, the text save will be saved and closed. This will last untill all MC runs finish.

Actually I also have a followup question regarding this.

If I run MC simulations using multiple cores (parallel), it means the same simulation will run simultanenously. How will the file be written?

thanks.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.