The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 28th, 2024, 1:19pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Differential noise at the input of Differential Amplifier (Read 1763 times)
adie_N

UiTM Malaysia
Differential noise at the input of Differential Amplifier
Jan 14th, 2015, 11:29pm

Hai! Good day everyone.

I am freshman of analog design and currently develop the interfacing circuit for electrochemical sensor. In my design, it produces a dual output signal (VOA & VOB) from a single input. Currently I am investigate the noise performance by applying the transient noise at the input of my design and differentiate between the outputs.  the simple method to differentiate both of output signal included noise is use the differential amplifier since the diff_amp has ability to reject any common mode noise.

Unfortunately the output of diff_amp become a noisy(VOC). I notice that, it is because the inputs of diff_amp has different amplitude noise (see attachment). I am not sure whether my way to analysis the noise performance is correct or not? is it possible, the different mode noise exists between the input of diff_amp? if Yes, is there any method  to reject these noises without using a filter?

Thanks a lot

Best regard
adie

Noise_at_the_out_of_diff_amp.png

HASLIADI
View Profile   IP Logged
loose-electron
Senior Fellow

Best Design Tool =
Capable Designers

San Diego California
Re: Differential noise at the input of Differential Amplifier
Reply #1 - Jan 19th, 2015, 1:19pm

OK, is the horizontal scale in the milli seconds or Mega seconds?

Either way you need to limit the bandwidth of your system to that only of the signal of interest.

After that, if it is extremely slow signal I would suggest ADC followed by digital averaging to reduce BW further and average out the noise.

Also, the noise can be further lowered by reducing the impedance of these sytems to reduce the thermal noise.

Other techniques are possible as well.

http://electronicdesign.com/analog/noise-reduction-crucial-mixed-signal-asic-des...

http://electronicdesign.com/analog/noise-reduction-crucial-mixed-signal-asic-des...

the above are useful as well if it is an interference noise question.

Jerry Twomey
www.effectiveelectrons.com
Read My Electronic Design Column Here
Contract IC-PCB-System Design - Analog, Mixed Signal, RF & Medical
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.