The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 3rd, 2024, 3:28pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DRC ERROR: PSUB_STAMP ERROR MULT (Read 556 times)
sumangala

DRC ERROR: PSUB_STAMP ERROR MULT
May 12th, 2015, 7:31am

i am working on DAC...i have created opamp layout with psub connected to vss and nwell conneted to vdd, there was no DRC and lvs error..... I have created switch layout with psub connected to gnd and nwell connected to vref, there was no drc and lvs error..... once i use this opamp and switch in DAC layout i am getting an error, PSUB_STAMP ERROR MULT...
Is this error because of connecting psub and nwell to different potential...??

View Profile   IP Logged
philip_the_reverse

Re: DRC ERROR: PSUB_STAMP ERROR MULT
Reply #1 - May 14th, 2015, 12:18am

Forget about the nwell bulk for now, u might be getting the error because u placed two psub bulk on a single layer.

if you want to clean it
If u are using TSMC u will be having a layer in the LSW by name psub2 and place a rectangle around anyone block either switch or Opamp.

If u are using chrt u will be having a layer by name sxcut do the same as explained.

Check whether this works.

This psub2/sxcut isolates your vss from gnd or viceversa.

make sure all the vss/gnd nets come under the psub2/sxcut layer.

Reply back if it works.

If that works then the actual process is to place a dnwell, what ever explanation i gave u is used only for the cleaning LVS.

Hope this solves ur problem. Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.