The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 16th, 2024, 10:00am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
spectre (Read 2705 times)
moh626

spectre
Jun 09th, 2015, 6:33am

Hi all,,,
I'm new in using cadence and spectre, my question is: I have a code and I need to write it in spectre environment, how can I get to the script writing page and how I can write that code in spectre.

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: spectre
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2015, 6:36am

Spectre is a circuit simulator; I don't understand what "code" you need to write.  It generally takes a netlist, not code, and it runs from the command line (Cadence does have some GUIs for using it).

Are you trying to script up a set of simulations and measurements?  I think people use Ocean for that.

Do you have code for a behavioral model (or a new compact model) in Verilog-A?

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
moh626

Reply #2 - Jun 9th, 2015, 6:46am

yes I have a Hspice script and I need to write it in spectre.

View Profile   IP Logged
Tako
Community Member

Reply #3 - Jun 11th, 2015, 6:57am

moh626,

Take a look here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/80705097/Running-Ocean-Based-Simulations-A#scribd . This document is nice as starter. I found it previously as a free pdf, but now I do not know why i cannot find a page where it is given for free. I do not know whether is free or not. When I found it it looked like it was given for free by a university.

Additionally, if you have your simulation set up in a GUI environment to see how your simulation looks like as a script follow these steps:

Session -> Save Ocean Script ...

If you want to load your script, in Virtuoso main window write:

load "path_to_your_script/name_of_your_script.ocn"

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.