The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 17th, 2024, 5:08am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cadence Virtuoso ADE L Spectre simulation settings (Read 704 times)
Tako
Community Member

Cadence Virtuoso ADE L Spectre simulation settings
Jun 11th, 2015, 7:04am

Hi,

I looked into web and manuals, but I cannot find the solution. My problem is as follows:

I have a simulation that works correctly when I run it using ADE L GUI window. The simulation have some problems with convergence:

Trying `homotopy = gmin' for initial conditions.
Trying `homotopy = source' for initial conditions.
Trying `homotopy = dptran' for initial conditions...

however dptran method works.

Then I run the same simulation using .ocn script that I load in Virtuoso main window (load "path/script.ocn). I am using the same settings as in GUI simulation, but the circuit does not converge.

Obviously, there must be a difference between simulations, but how can I check it? Is there any function that prints the simulator settings?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

update1: I found the first problem. See the attachment. The resistor and capacitor were used in a compensation circuit. I just used ideal elements that are seen in the bottom right corner, and left real elements connected to "noConn". My OceanScript .ocn runs two tran simulations. The first right now manages to run. The second not. I will investigate further.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

update2:
I came up to following conclusion:
1) I can run tran 1, where the circuit converges, but in tran 2 the circuit does not converge.

2) I can omit tran 1 (by commenting run() function) and tran 2 converge.

This is really strange. I used this simulation and the other where I run tran two times one after another and everything was fine till now . .

I do not know what is going on . . .

update3:
Solved Smiley ! "delete('analysis)"  has been added before running the second tran analysis:

delete('analysis)

analysis('tran ?stop "245n" )
           envOption(
               'analysisOrder  list("tran")
           ); envOption

run()

Source: http://community.cadence.com/cadence_technology_forums/f/38/t/26695
« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2015, 3:56am by Tako »  

template_002.png
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.