The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 21st, 2024, 1:23pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Key reference of Transimpedance amplifier (TIA) design, voltage gain. (Read 2015 times)
Jacki

Key reference of Transimpedance amplifier (TIA) design, voltage gain.
Aug 21st, 2015, 3:58am

Dear All,

Could anybody suggest me some key reference papers about the trans-impedance amplifier (TIA) design, especially if somebody discuss/talk about the voltage gain of TIA. Normally the input signal of TIA is a current signal. But if I would like to convert it to a voltage signal source, how to calculate the voltage gain of TIA? I think the voltage gain of the TIA may be varied as the source resistance of the signal source?
   Any comments are highly appreciated.
   Thank you.

Untitled_006.jpg
View Profile   IP Logged
raja.cedt
Senior Fellow

Germany
Re: Key reference of Transimpedance amplifier (TIA) design, voltage gain.
Reply #1 - Aug 21st, 2015, 4:13am

Search in Google, you will find lot of information. I would prefer optical integrated circuit design by razavi book for detailed analysis.

Transimpedance amplifier with source resistance is exactly similar to inverting opamp. yes gain will depend son both feedback and source resistance.

Raj.

View Profile WWW raja.sekhar86   IP Logged
Jacki

Re: Key reference of Transimpedance amplifier (TIA) design, voltage gain.
Reply #2 - Aug 21st, 2015, 7:07am

Hi Raj.

Thank you very much for your reply. I have browsed the book you suggested, it is a quite good book. Now I am clear with the voltage gain. Actually I could look at the shunt feedback LNA to solve the problem.

Jacki

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.